Monday, June 16, 2014

Mary TV Daily Reflection 6/16/2014 - Novena to the Queen of Peace, Day 2


       
Mirjana Soldo encounters Our Lady, 2014     
 (c)Mary TV 2014 

J.M.J
June 16, 2014
Novena to the Queen of Peace, Day 2

Dear Family of Mary!

Beginning of April 1982
Mirjana: Do you wish the establishment of a special feast in your honor?
"I wish a feast for the Queen of Peace, on the 25th of June, anniversary of the first apparition.
Here is an account from Mirjana Soldo of her first encounter with Our Lady:
Twenty-fourth of June 1981, is the Feast of St. John the Baptist. You know that people did not work on that day. Ivanka and I wanted to be alone. We went outside the village to the hill that we now call Apparition Hill. I was 16, she was 14 years old at this time. We were talking about the normal things that girls of this age talk about. We didn't talk about God or faith. In one moment Ivanka told me, "I think the Blessed Mary is on the Hill." I didn't look. For me it was impossible. I left Ivanka at that place and I walked toward the village. When I was next to the first house, I felt a strong call inside of me, something was calling me to return. When I came back I saw Ivanka in the same place. She told me "Look, please!" I saw on the hill a Lady in a long dress holding a baby. Everything was strange. No one went to that hill. Especially not in a long dress with a baby in the hands. I felt all the emotions possible together.

I didn't' know if I was alive or dead, I didn't know that was happening to me. What prevailed in me was to go home. I ran away home where I saw my Grandmother and I said, "I think I saw Blessed Mary". She didn't believe me. She said, "Take the Rosary and go into your room and go pray, leave Blessed Mary where she is on the hill." I didn't talk or push her, I didn't explain to her, I wanted to do what she said, to be alone in prayer, because only when I was in prayer alone was I in peace. All night I spent in prayer because of the so, so strong emotions I felt, I could not sleep. Only in prayer did I find peace.

The next day I was helping my uncles like every other day. I didn't see the other visionaries. But then at the time when I saw the Blessed Mary the day before, I told my uncles that I must go to the hill. Something was calling me that I must go. They came with me to see what was happening. When we came to the hill, half of the village was at the hill. With every one of the visionaries someone came. We saw Blessed Mary at the same place. But this time she didn't have the baby in her arms. This day, 25 June 81, was the first time we came in front of her. She presented herself. She said to us, "My dear children, don't be afraid. I am the Queen of Peace." That is how the apparitions started. (Mirjana Soldo, March 27, 2014)
It is beautiful to see the deep inner call that Our Lady communicated to Mirjana. She chose to pray, and in that prayer, she knew she must go to the hill the second day. This same inner call and complete freedom has characterized the visionaries' lives for 33 years. They have been totally free to respond to Our Lady, and equally free to live their lives as they see fit. They are very ordinary, but at the same time imbued with an extraordinary grace! Thank you, Gospa!


Let us pray:

Prayer to the Queen of Peace

Mary, Mother of God and Our Mother, Queen of Peace!
You came to us to lead us to God.
Obtain for us the grace
not only to say:
"Be it done to me according to Your will!",
but to live it, as You did.
Into Your hands we put our hands,
so that You may lead us to Him
amidst these afflictions and woes.
Through Christ, our Lord. Amen.

Creed, 7 Our Fathers, 7 Hail Marys, 7 Glory Bes....

Veni Creator Spiritus - Come Holy Spirit
Come Holy Spirit, Creator, come
best gift of God above,
the living spring, the living fire,
sweet unction and true love.

Thou Who are called the Paraclete,
from Thy bright heavenly throne,
come, take possession of our souls,
and make them all Thine own.

Thou who are sevenfold in Thy grace,
finger of God's right hand,
His promise, teaching little ones
to speak and understand.
O guide our minds with Thy blest light,
with love our hearts inflame;
and with Thy strength, which never decays,
confirm our mortal frame.

Far from us drive our deadly foe,
true peace unto us bring,
and through all perils lead us safe
beneath Thy sacred wing.

Through Thee may we the Father know,
through Thee the eternal Son,
and Thee the Spirit of them both,
thrice-blessed Three in One.
All glory to the Father be,
with his co-equal Son:
the same to Thee, great Paraclete,
while endless ages run. Amen.

Come Holy Spirit, fill the hearts of Your faithful, and enkindle in them the fire of Your love.
- Send forth Your Spirit and they shall be created.
- And You shall renew the face of the earth.

Let us pray: God, who taught the hearts of the faithful by the light of the Holy Spirit, grant that by the gift of the same Spirit we may be always truly wise and ever rejoice in His consolation. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

Let us pray the Rosary!!

In Jesus, Mary and Joseph!
Cathy Nolan
©Mary TV 2014

PS.  "Fruit of Medjugorje - Episode 119" Tonight: 8:00 pm EDT!!!
PPS.  The Daily Rosary will begin at 9:30 am EDT (3:30 pm Medjugorje time) and will include the climb of Apparition Hill with the parish!!  Be there!! 





"Medjugorje is the spiritual center of the world."
Saint John Paul II
Be connected!
www.marytv.tv